Friday, October 25, 2013

Short film: The Blue Umbrella opening sequence

As I already mentioned in a previous post I was lucky enough to work in the short film The Blue Umbrella. I had a blast working on it for many different reasons. We had the chance to use Katana during the production of the short as well as some intensive use of Nuke´s plugins to define the look of the project, something very unusual at Pixar´s films. We also made an extensive use of Deep Compositing Image data to integrate the fx with the 3D backgrounds.

I enclose an article about the relationship that Pixar and The Foundry established a few months ago in the following link: http://variety.com/2013/digital/news/pixar-foundry-pact-bundles-renderman-with-katana-1200566750/

The full short film will be available with Monsters University´s DVD and Blu-Ray next October 28th.

Some of the shots I took care of the lighting enclosed below.


LINK to the video










0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search