Monday, November 5, 2012

Film: The Goon

Blur Studios and David Fincher have been trying to get The Goon movie produced for quite a while and they have recently moved the project to Kickstarter where they are trying to raise some money to get the story reel of the movie done.


I have been very interested in this project since the very beginining and I am backing it at Kickstarter, not only because I love the style of the comic book but also because I totally agree with Erik Powell and Blur that there is a whole generation of people out there that grew up watching animation, reading comics and playing videogames and while the family oriented movies are ok I also believe animation can be effectively used to tell stories with more mature content and that there is an audience for it.


I really hope this movie gets finally done and honestly, this is one of those rare productions that I wouldn't mind to be part of at all.


During the Kickstarter campaign they have also been releasing some beautiful artwork that could be easily used as color keys.
















0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search